The HomeBuilderGrid™ System for DIY Home Building
As the need for affordable housing grows every year, owning a home is becoming a dream of the past for many American Families. Many families will therefore consider various ways to realize the dream of owning a home. One of the ways that will be considered is to build their own homes. It is necessary to inspire people and give them the confidence to build their own home. This is the reason for the HomeBuilderGrid™ System.
Here are the key steps in the HomeBuilderGrid™ System:
- Establish a grid on the floor in a large area so that the various locations of the homebuilding components can be easily and rapidly determined.
- Mark the location of all the walls on the grid from an approved set of plans.
- Locate the perimeter corners of the house on the grid.
- Designate 2 perimeter corners of the house from which to use angle and distance formulas to establish the location of theother perimeter corners.
- Transfer these perimeter corners to the lot where the house is being built, manually or with lasers.
- To lay out the perimeter of the house on the jobsite it is necessary to have the house setbacks defined.
- Forming system for the foundation locating 90 degree corner plates.
- Assemble and Identify forming material, and mark outside for tie-down location.
- Transport to lot and set up the foundation.
- Place all the plumbing systems that will be located below the finished floor.
- Sub floor plumbing systems are now assembled, copying the layout from the grid.
- Prepare for concrete floors with a grade-aide, which helps establish the proper depth.
- After the plumbing is in and the sub grade is in, the concrete floor will be poured.
- The building of the walls for the house is accomplished by using the taped floor as the surface upon which the walls are built. It is critical to mark the taped floor for every stud location, every door opening, and every window location, and any blocking necessary to assemble the house, before tacking the walls into place on the grid.
- The next step in the process is to place labels on the rough framing for the electrical wiring and function for each.
- After the walls are built, and identified, and labeled for electrical, they transported to the home site. and assembled in accordance with the identification system, crane optional.
- The trusses can be delivered to the site assembled with sole plate, studs, a top plate, and a double top plate that have been marked with locations using the grid.
- After complete marking, these assemblies are transported with the walls to the lot of the house being built.
- After the frame of the house is completed, the remainder of the construction of the house is pretty much the same as is done today.
- The Grid system makes many aspects of homebuilding easier for the builder, and the squareness of the building is of paramount importance.
Some of the methods discussed above will be improved upon, and more of the material needs of the house can be easily determined.
The main purpose of building with the HomeBuilderGrid™ System is to enable people to build their own houses.
Want a copy of the details of the HomeBuilderGrid™ System?
Click HERE to have your Patent Pending copy
emailed to you.
649 Angela Ave, Arabi, LA 70032